INSTRUCTION & FACILITY
BUILT BY BALLPLAYERS
Professional instruction and modern training tools in a state-of-the-art Concord facility
At SBA North, we strive to unlock an individual's potential, allowing them to achieve peak performance on the diamond.
Our team of instructors and coaches lead with fundamentals, developing a strong baseline skill set with our players. We collaborate with each athlete and tailor our instructional methods to assist them in reaching and exceeding their personal goals.
There's no shortcut to greatness in this game. Our staff understands the value of hard work, setting goals, maintaining confidence, and the power of a positive approach because they've been there, as collegiate and professional players.
If you're ready to become the player you want to be, SBA North is ready for you.
- Seven (7) indoor hitting areas.
- Available for lessons and individual or team training.
- Perfect for machine, live-arm, soft toss, or tee sessions.
- SBA North hitting lessons include HitTrax, which measures key performance metrics that provide immediate feedback to hitters of all ages. Maximize exit velocity and your ability to generate power and hit for a higher average with HitTrax.
- Three (3) indoor pitching lanes.
- Full-size mounds for optimal training.
- Lanes feature plate locations for 46-, 50-, and 60-foot pitching distances, perfect for youth to professional training.
- Nine-pocket nets for fine-tuning location.
- Lessons available with head pitching instructor Matt Heidenreich. Heidenreich was selected in the fourth round of the 2009 MLB Draft by the Chicago White Sox. He was twice named to All-Star teams and was the 2015 White Sox Organizational Pitcher of the Year.
- Improve your catching fundamentals, learn how to call a stronger game behind the plate, and become "The Wall" your team can depend on.
- Instruction by former North Carolina State and Lander University catcher John Mangum. Mangum played in the 2013 College World Series with NC State, and the 2016 Division II World Series with Lander.
- Improve your defensive fundamentals and playmaking abilities with our instructional method.
- Instruction led by former UNC-Pembroke four-year starter Joe Mangum. Mangum won multiple PBC Player of the Week awards and holds multiple UNC-Pembroke records.
SBA NORTH + TOPTEAM SPORTS PERFORMANCE
We believe that when you combine our personal training with the strength and mobility training that Jason Lindsay (CSCS) offers, your athlete has no option but to get better. We have seen players over the years utilize our instructors along with Jason's team at TOPTEAM Sports Performance and time and time again, those athletes prove to be the top competitors in the area.
Yes, it’s an investment.
Yes, it’s a time commitment.
There is no questioning if it’s worth it for those that are truly dedicated to reaching their highest level. Don’t wait until it’s too late to get serious about getting better. We truly believe that this is the recipe for success.
Private Lessons + Personal Training = Next-Level Success
SBA North + TOPTEAM Partnership Packages:
- Three-day assessment
- College prep program (8 sessions/month)
- Compete package (4 sessions/month)
Platinum Level - Individual athlete assessment and college prep program (Full price)
Gold Level - Two (2) athlete group sessions (35% off Platinum)
Silver Level - Three (3) athlete group sessions (50% off Platinum)
Please mention you are an SBA North athlete or were referred by the team at SBA North for these discounts!